Monday, September 15, 2008

Globalization

In general I think that globalization is a good thing for our future. Although I believe countries should continue to maintain their own identity and preserve their own culture, I see globalization as a process that could be beneficial to our world in the future.

Like Thomas Friedman, I understand the threats of globalization but I think by enabling individuals and corporations to reach around the world faster and cheaper we are only making our world stronger.

However, having said this I don't think that ideas should be standardized and that countries should be borderless. If this were to happen I believe that at least temporarily we would be in a state of chaos. I think one of the greatest things about our world is that we are all different and we pride ourselves on that. If we simply give in to ultimate globalization we will loose that and we will loose everything we have ever fought for socially and geographically.

No comments: